Deadline submissions are closed.
CREATIVITY AND ENGAGEMENT IN RECRUITMENT AND RETENTION COMMUNICATIONS
WHAT IS IT?
Now in its 8th year, the Participant Engagement Award (PEA) recognizes innovation and change in how the industry communicates with participants in the fields of recruitment and retention in clinical trials.
PEA embodies the values and personal accomplishments of Jerry Matczak
, who sadly passed away soon after receiving the inaugural 2017 award. We dedicate this award to Jerry in the hopes that it will serve as a reminder of his ideals and
accomplishments. SCOPE’s 2023 Participant Engagement Award program is brought to you by Cambridge Healthtech Institute (CHI)’s SCOPE.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
We welcome submissions from all facets of the industry, including, but not limited to Sites, CRO’s, e-Patient Advisors, Agencies, Start-Ups, and Sponsors and invite you to submit your best work in the Patient Recruitment and Retention communications field.
- Finalists will be selected to present their concepts in person at SCOPE taking place February February 11-14, 2024 in Orlando,
Florida. This exciting competition will bring awareness to you and your company for excellent and engaging work.
- Each finalist will be given 2 minutes to present their concepts, followed by a question and answer session conducted by the judges. Each submission will be reviewed and rated for ability to improve access, awareness, and participation in clinical trials, creativity, innovation, regulatory and legal compliance, and the ability to improve diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Awards will be given for 1st through 3rd place with special recognition for all presenters.
HOW TO WIN?
Your submission must truly be designed to engage potential, current, or alumni study participants and/or their influencers and show marked improvements in the status quo.
- We are not looking for: tip sheets, guidance documents, promotional “brochure-ware” or rewritten press releases
- We are looking for: submissions based in education, recruitment, awareness and beyond. This can be anything from an interactive tool to a Superbowl Television commercial. The world is your pallet ... find your medium and your muse.
Helpful questions to address in your submission:
Judges are looking for innovation, creativity and messaging while meeting industry standards and compliance rules.
- How did you engage clinical trial participants in a novel and innovative way?
- How did this benefit the clinical trial ecosystem?
- How did you measure the success of your efforts?
- How did you improve diversity, equity and inclusion?
SAMPLE SUBMISSION FORM WITH ENTRY TIPS
SAMPLE SUBMISSION FORM WITH ENTRY TIPS
- Does your team reflect more than one company or a partnership? Please list it here.
- Please list your company name
- Please list a good contact number
- Please list a good contact email
- Give your submission a descriptive title
Describe your idea: 3-5 Sentence Summary
- This is your “elevator pitch”- an opportunity to briefly describe your idea to the judges
Why your proposal should be considered?
- Describe the communication challenge addressed and its importance
- Highlight success stories - Be a storyteller
- List relevant technologies/products used on the project
- Don’t forget to integrate both technology (product) features and project results
What impact does your idea have on the target?
- How is your unique communication intended to affect the study participant?
- Explain broader impact on the community/ industry
What results do you have/expect?
- Clearly identify key results/benefits and if possible quantify the ROI associated with the project (e.g. man-hours or $ saved; new capabilities)
- Bio may be used in print material if proposal is accepted
- Please keep this to 200 words or less
- If multiple people are collaborating on a team, you may submit a team summary in lieu of a bio
Please provide a link to a sample of your work
- You may upload any type of document with your submission that shows an example of your work and supports your submission
- Results that can be quantified (charts, graphs) are an excellent addition to your submission
Must be in attendance to win.
All entrants receive a 20% discount off registration. Enter PEA24 discount code in the online registration form for this discount.
Note: We are currently seeking potential scholarships and support for ePatient finalists.
This discount is non-transferrable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount for this event.
Upon Submission of this nomination, you grant CHI the use of any photos, video or audio to be used for promotional purposes. A minimal number of entries will be required for a winner to be named, please follow #SCOPEsummit #BeLikeJerry for updates. Entries received after the deadline will not be guaranteed for consideration.
EVENT HOSTS & JUDGES
CHAIRPERSON: David Sall, President & CEO, Patient
Enrollment Advisors; Co-Creator of the SCOPE Participant Engagement Award
Kelly McKee, Vice President, Decentralized
Clinical Trials (DCT), Medidata; Co-Creator of the SCOPE Participant Engagement Award
Micah Lieberman, Executive
Director, Conferences, Cambridge Healthtech Institute (CHI)
Gretchen Goller, Senior Director,
Head of Patient Recruitment, Clinical Development Operations, Seagen
Otis Johnson, PhD, Chief Diversity, Inclusion & Sustainability Officer, Clario
Jeff Zucker, Senior Vice President, Clinical Trial Optimization & DCT, Worldwide Clinical Trials
Tarra Shingler, Chief Commercial Officer, StudyKIK
Tricia Buchheit, Associate Director, Patient Recruitment, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals
Sarah Krüg, Patient Advocate, Executive Director, CANCER101; CEO, Health Collaboratory