Register to attend SCOPE HERE.
CREATIVITY AND ENGAGEMENT IN RECRUITMENT AND RETENTION COMMUNICATIONS
WHAT IS IT?
Now in its 6th year, the Participant Engagement Award (PEA) recognizes innovation and change in how the industry communicates with participants in the fields of recruitment and retention in clinical trials.
PEA embodies the values and personal accomplishments of Jerry Matczak, who sadly passed away soon after receiving the inaugural 2017 award. We dedicate this award to Jerry in the hopes that it will serve as a reminder of his ideals and
accomplishments. SCOPE’s 2022 Participant Engagement Award program is brought to you by Cambridge Healthtech Institute (CHI)’s SCOPE.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
We welcome submissions from all facets of the industry, including, but not limited to Sites, CRO’s, e-Patient Advisors, Agencies, Start-Ups, and Sponsors and invite you to submit your best work in the Patient Recruitment and Retention communications field.
All submissions will be reviewed by study participants, industry peers, and a panel of industry experts. Finalists will be selected to present their concepts in person at SCOPE taking place February 7-10, 2022 in Orlando, Florida.
This exciting competition will bring awareness to you and your company for excellent and engaging work.
Each finalist will be given 2 minutes to present their concepts, followed by a question and answer session conducted by the judges. Each submission will be reviewed and rated for ability to improve access, awareness, and participation in clinical trials, creativity, innovation, regulatory and legal compliance, and the ability to improve diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Awards will be given for 1st through 3rd place with special recognition for all presenters.
HOW TO WIN?
Your submission must truly be designed to engage potential, current, or alumni study participants and/or their influencers and show marked improvements in the status quo.
- We are not looking for: tip sheets, guidance documents, promotional “brochure-ware” or rewritten press releases
- We are looking for: submissions based in education, recruitment, awareness and beyond. This can be anything from an interactive tool to a Superbowl Television commercial. The world is your pallet ... find your medium and your muse.
Helpful questions to address in your submission:
Judges are looking for innovation, creativity and messaging while meeting industry standards and compliance rules.
- How did you engage clinical trial participants in a novel and innovative way?
- How did this benefit the clinical trial ecosystem?
- How did you measure the success of your efforts?
- How did you improve diversity, equity and inclusion?
Deadline for submission is October 1st, 2021
SAMPLE SUBMISSION FORM WITH ENTRY TIPS
- Does your team reflect more than one company or a partnership? Please list it here.
- Please list your company name
- Please list a good contact number
- Please list a good contact email
- Give your submission a descriptive title
Describe your idea: 3-5 Sentence Summary
- This is your “elevator pitch”- an opportunity to briefly describe your idea to the judges
Why your proposal should be considered?
- Describe the communication challenge addressed and its importance
- Highlight success stories - Be a storyteller
- List relevant technologies/products used on the project
- Don’t forget to integrate both technology (product) features and project results
What impact does your idea have on the target?
- How is your unique communication intended to affect the study participant?
- Explain broader impact on the community/ industry
What results do you have/expect?
- Clearly identify key results/benefits and if possible quantify the ROI associated with the project (e.g. man-hours or $ saved; new capabilities)
- Bio may be used in print material if proposal is accepted
- Please keep this to 200 words or less
- If multiple people are collaborating on a team, you may submit a team summary in lieu of a bio
Please provide a link to a sample of your work
- You may upload any type of document with your submission that shows an example of your work and supports your submission
- Results that can be quantified (charts, graphs) are an excellent addition to your submission
Deadline for submission is October 1st, 2021
Must be in attendance to win. Register HERE.
All entrants receive a 20% discount off registration. Enter PEA22 discount code in the online registration form for this discount.
Note: We are currently seeking potential scholarships and support for ePatient finalists.
This discount is non-transferrable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount for this event.
Upon Submission of this nomination, you grant CHI the use of any photos, video or audio to be used for promotional purposes. A minimal number of entries will be required for a winner to be named, please follow #SCOPE2021
#BeLikeJerry for updates. Entries received after the deadline will not be guaranteed for consideration.
EVENT HOSTS & JUDGES
CHAIRPERSON: David Sall, President & CEO, Patient Enrollment
Advisors; Co-Creator of the SCOPE Participant Engagement Award
Kelly McKee, Vice President, Patient Recruitment and
Registries, Medidata; Co-Creator of the SCOPE Participant Engagement Award
Micah Lieberman, Executive Director, Conferences, Cambridge
Healthtech Institute (CHI)
Kimberly Richardson, Research Advocate, Founder, Black
Michelle Crouthamel DBA, Head, Digital Science, AbbVie
Irfan Khan, MD, CEO, Circuit Clinical
Gretchen Goller, Sr. Director, Head of Patient Recruitment,
Clinical Development Operations, Seagen
Alicia Staley, MBA, Trial Volunteer & Cancer Survivor; Senior Director, Patient Engagement, Medidata
Congratulations to our 2021 Finalists:
- Medidata - Patient Centricity by Design [2021 WINNER]
- Datacubed - Vaccine Trials: Prevent Low Data Quality and High Patient Dropout
- Havas Lynx Faze - Suffering Behind the Selfies
- CISCRP, Praxis, RTM360, MediaPlanet, and USA Today - Appreciating Medical Heroes for their Gift of Participation through Mass Media Channels
- Signant Health - #NoGoingBack: A Pledge to Continue Advancing Clinical Trials Globally
2021 Participant Engagement Award Finalists Announced
Medidata Named Winner of 2021 Participant Engagement Award
Award-Winning Participant Engagement Strategies
Congratulations to our 2020 Finalists:
- TrialScout - #FindtheFive: Can active and past clinical trial participants solve the issues that the industry has struggled with for the past 10+ years? [2020 WINNER]
- H.E.A.L. - Sickle Cell Disease: A Community Education Conversation
- Javara - The Clinical Trial Navigator: Breaking Down Barriers & Increasing Access for All
- GRYT Health - The Global Virtual Cancer Conference
- Michael J. Fox Foundation - Parkinson’s Clinical Trial Companion
- Astellas and Bridgeable - Reimagining the Pediatric Assent Process
Congratulations to our 2019 Finalists:
- Journey to Better Health from CISCRP - The Journey to Better Health Campaign [2019 WINNER]
- BMS Study Connect - Industry-leading patient engagement platform
- Langland, Insync and Janssen - Beyond Awareness: Uncovering the truth behind study population bias and inspiring action
- Biogen, H.E.A.L and IQVIA - Starting at the Grassroots to Increase Diversity in Clinical Trial Populations
- DigiHUMAN Clinical from Data Cubed - Science Meets Gaming for Patient-Centric Clinical Engagement
Congratulations to our 2018 Finalists:
- Clara Health - Breakthrough Crew: Demystifying Clinical Trials Alongside Patient Advocates [2018 WINNER]
- Greenphire - Hope for Houston
- GRYT Health Inc - Empowering patients to connect with peers and new treatment options
- Brite Health - Improving patient experience, compliance, and retention using data-driven technology
- mProve Health with Pfizer - Patient Engagement Hub