Applications of AI, machine learning and data science are increasing rapidly in the life sciences industry, with the proliferation of data and emergence of novel analytical techniques. To date, most data science functions in the industry follow a similar
approach to selecting, prioritizing and implementing projects in conjunction with the business. Within R&D, we believe a new approach is required – one that is aligned with the needs of R&D organizations and acknowledges the uniqueness
of data science in healthcare R&D.
In this webinar, we will discuss the questions that data science executives in life sciences R&D have to consider in shaping their charter:
- What makes data science in life sciences R&D unique?
- How does it differ from other healthcare functions (such as commercial)?
- Can we learn from other industries?
- How should we manage a portfolio of data science projects in R&D?
- How do we measure and articulate impact?
- Can we adopt a gated approach, inspired by the drug development process?
- How do we maintain focus and prioritize effectively?
- What is the right mix of skills and mindset required?
- Where do we focus: enriching insights, enabling actions, or driving change?
- Understand the nuances of data science in R&D
- Discuss approaches and articulate a point of view on managing a data science portfolio in R&D
- Re-evaluate the skills and mindset required for a successful R&D data science function
- R&D executives in the life sciences industry
- Data science & AI leaders in life sciences
Associate Principal, ZS
Chris has successfully bridged the gap between commercial and R&D, allowing him to bring new thinking and innovations to his life sciences clients. He has 11 years of consulting experience with ZS, focused on global pharmaceutical companies in
Europe. Chris is the leader of ZS’s London office, in addition to leading the European team focused on R&D excellence. Chris’s areas of expertise lie in the interface between R&D and commercial functions in life sciences companies.
He has worked extensively in pipeline strategy, product development strategy, R&D strategy, clinical trial optimization and real-world evidence. Chris holds an MBA from the London Business School. He graduated from Cambridge University with
an M.A. in natural sciences.
Head of Healthcare and Image Analytics, AstraZeneca
Mishal read Chemistry and then specialized in Computational Chemistry during his PhD, where he utilized advanced computing and modelling techniques to investigate protein dynamics. After a brief sabbatical in investment banking, Mishal returned to
research at the Institute of Cancer Research, in the Computational Biology and Chemogenomic group before moving to the clinical world at the Royal Surrey County Hospital pioneering application of AI to breast mammographic images to modernise breast
screening. Currently Mishal works as head of Health Informatics at AstraZeneca, where his team focus is better leverage Real world data to aid better decision making in drug development.
ZS is a professional services firm that works side by side with companies to help develop and deliver products that drive customer value and company results. We leverage our deep industry expertise, leading-edge analytics, technology and strategy to create solutions that work in the real world. With more than 35 years of experience and more than 7,000 ZSers in 25+ offices worldwide, we are passionately committed to helping companies and their customers thrive and collaborating with life sciences companies to bring new therapies to patients faster. Learn more at www.zs.com.